Saturday, May 12, 2012

Luster Premium White One Hour White

I just was sitting down watching television while I had my dinner and I saw this commercial for whitening your teeth using some kind of blue light. I found this kind of weird but interesting because it made me wonder how could a light whiten your teeth but I did think that maybe it was a process of using a ultra violet light to kill the bacteria.

To my surprise when I pulled up the box to see what the ingredients are and I found these: Accelerator Mouth Rinse: Water , Glycerin , Polysorbate 20 , Sodium Bicarbonate , Mentha Piperita Oil (Peppermint) , Sodium Carbonate , Benzalkonium Chloride , Aspartame , Alcohol Denat. , Super Whitener: Alcohol Denat. , Methyl Hydrogenated Rosinate , Urea Hydrogen Peroxide , Zinc Oxide , Hydroxypropylcellulose , Mentha Piperita Oil (Peppermint) , Menthol , Sucralose

What I do find odd about this is the fact that it includes two diet sweeteners the first being the very well known Aspartame the second being Methyl hydrogenated Rosinate. Why add an artificial sweetener to something that should not be consumed in the first place. Methyl is not as bad as Aspartame is when it comes to effects. Aspartame directly effects parts of the brain this is why they have to put on the box that you should avoid using this if your pregnant.

The thing that I find completely strange is that they are not required to list other negative effects of Aspartame like for example it should be avoided for use for people with certain disorders because it can cause movement disorder (tardive dyskinesia) in people who have schizophrenia.

Of course because its approved by the FDA that makes it okay right? Not in my book a perfect example is dog food that I recently bought for my mother diamond dog food was recalled by the FDA of course a bit too late since we bought it and used it about three months ago. If they can't get something as simple as dog food right then will you trust what they have to say about a chemical which seems to cause an increase of dyslexic tendencies for people with disorders then it must still have some sort of effect to healthy people as well.

One thing that you can be sure of is artificial sweeteners can cause your brain to forget how many calories it has taken in causing you to eat more and while these sweeteners are meant to be used as dieting it can be a cause to make you gain weight as well. There are better options in naturally whitening your teeth without using something that contains harmful diet sweeteners.

Believe it or not you can use baking soda mixed with water to achieve whiter teeth putting the paste on your teeth will naturally bleach your teeth whiter. Another natural method which is effective is lemon mixed with salt. Lemon is a natural antiseptic and can kill bacteria. Another method I have not tried but I have heard about was using strawberries. Burts Bees provides natural versions of toothpaste without the harmful fluoride or artificial sweeteners if you do research I'm sure their is even better remedies that could be used. If you have more suggestions I would love to hear them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't spam with your links because if you do I will cut your legs off and beat you to death with them. And remove the comment.